Wednesday 20 August 2014

So it begins...

Well, this is it...
...Updating Nexus Tales and writing about it.

Introductions !!

I've been into RPGs for about 30 years, and have played many games and met many people.

About 20 years ago, I started tweaking games I played and adding elements from other places  - so much so that little of the original games remained.


So I started putting what I was playing onto paper and making something new out of it.


I tried several rulesets, from d% to die pools to xdy, and several levels of complexity.


Finally, I settled on a 2d10 mechanic that wouldn't look out of place in many existing RPGs.


That was ok for years.


Then I lost touch with my players and started doing things on the internet...

...So I dusted off my rules, took a look at what I had and started putting the on the internet.

And realised that although they were usable, I could do things better.


I'm not going to dwell on what I've done in the past, only the development of the current rules.


So let's go...

No comments:

Post a Comment